Friday 7 December 2012

The Door to Success

Like most children, I have always dreamed of working in a door
factory. Well, boy, I just couldn't believe my ears when I heard
the description of the job I was offered the other day.
So yeah, from Tuesday I am working 45 hours a week operating
machinery in a factory that makes doors. I imagine the way I will
get through my days will be like Bjork's character in Dancer in the
Dark. I'll listen to the sounds of the machines and pretend that I'm
in a musical, pretty sure everything worked out well for her. I can
do a pretty good Bjork accent too which will help.
The reason that I took this job is because I desperately want to
start saving up money to go overseas at the end of next year. But
who knows, maybe I will be enchanted by the kind hand of the
construction godfather that is Fletcher. This could be a stepping
stone for me to move through the ranks of Christchurch's lucrative
door industry which, post-earthquake, is holding the people to
ransom for their need to stop intruders, bugs and cold drafts entering
their homes.
Also, am I supposed to dress like how I think people there will dress?
I'm thinking like Ryan from The OC. I never liked Ryan, I'm way more
of a Seth.

No comments:

Post a Comment